Bedbugs are small and oval-shaped insects that do not have wings. Further, adult bedbugs are only one-eighth inches in length. You can also find bedbugs across the world as bedbugs can survive temperatures between 46 to 113 degrees Fahrenheit. Bedbugs feed on human blood; however, they do not spread diseases. Still, bed bugs in Toronto are a nuisance for people, and bedbug bites are itching and irritating simultaneously. Bedbugs move around via crawling, and people also carry bedbugs from place to place. Nevertheless, there are some steps that can help people prevent bedbugs from disseminating in Toronto.
How Do Bedbugs Reproduce?
Female bedbugs can lay five to seven eggs in a week. Moreover, this amount accumulates to above 250 eggs in a lifetime, even without proper feeding. In addition, bedbug eggs take around 10 days to hatch. Then, bedbugs go through five nymph or youth stages before turning adults. In each of the five stages, bedbugs shed or moult their exoskeleton. Further, bedbugs need to feed for once, at least before each time they moult. Bedbugs can feed up to one time a day, and it takes them 2 to 4 months to turn adults. It is how bedbugs reproduce.
How Do Bedbugs Disseminate from One Place to Another?
It is important to understand how bedbugs disseminate from one place to another. It can help people prevent bedbugs from disseminating from one place to another. Bedbugs do not have wings; thus, bedbugs have to crawl to move around themselves. By the same token, bedbug infestations spread slowly in some cases. Bedbugs can move within walls, via floor & ceiling openings, and on pipes. Nevertheless, bedbugs usually spread from one place to another after getting onto people’s clothes, linens, furniture, and luggage. Then, people move bedbugs from one place to another quicker than bedbugs could infest areas themselves.
Unlike lice, bedbugs do not travel directly on people and disseminate from person to person. Still, bedbugs can travel on people’s clothes; thus, people in Toronto also spread bedbugs without even knowing it.
How to Prevent Bedbugs from Spreading?
The best way to prevent bedbugs from spreading is to consistently inspect for the signs of the bedbug infestation. It can aid you in taking care of the problem at its early stages. There are also other ways for people to stop bed bugs in Toronto from spreading. Here they are:
- Make sure your bedroom remains clean and clutter-free so that bedbugs cannot hide, particularly in clothing.
- Evade keeping secondhand furniture in your home. If you plan on bringing it to your home, check your furniture thoroughly for signs of bedbugs before bringing furniture in your home.
- Deploy a protective cover over your mattress and box spring to prevent them from bedbugs.
- Also, make sure you vacuum your home regularly.
- Make sure you check your sleeping area while you are on the go.
- Utilize a bag stand in hotels instead of putting your bags on the floor or bed.
- While you travel, examine your luggage and clothes before you leave to go home.
- Take your clothes in a plastic bag if you share laundry facilities. Plus, remove clothes from the dryer instantly and fold them at home.
- Also, seal any cracks or crevices in the walls of your home if present.
How to Identify the Bedbug Infestation
You can identify the bedbug infestation in your home while looking for the following signs:
- Reddish blots on your sheets, pillows, or mattress
- Dark spots that may look equal to the size of a poppy seed on your sheets, pillows, or mattress
- Tiny bedbug eggs or eggshells
- Small yellow skin that bedbugs shed as they grow
- A musty odour near your bed or piles of clothes
You can also know that bedbugs have infested your house if you start to get bites from bedbugs. Bedbug bites are typically small, red, and slightly swollen. Bedbug bites are itchy and may appear after 14 days once bedbugs bite you. Moreover, different people have distinct reactions to bedbug bites. You may feel no reaction or have a large red welt. You should also see a doctor in the following cases:
- If you get many bits
- In case of blister
- If you suffer from a skin infection or feel an allergic skin reaction
Bedbugs are tiny and oval-shaped insects without wings. Bedbugs feed on human blood; however, they do not spread diseases. Still, bedbug bites are itching and irritating at the same time. Typically, bedbugs spread from one place to another after getting onto people’s clothes, linens, furniture, and luggage. Still, people can prevent bed bugs in Toronto form disseminating if they take the preventive steps early. It is also important for people to keep their homes clean and clutter-free to avoid bedbugs. Moreover, people can get rid of the bedbug infestation fast from their homes while immediately calling the professionals, such as Pesticon.